Sunday, July 13, 2008

Smash and Crash



Smash and Crash, By David Blampied


I suppose like most life long drummers, the cymbals I use are a combination and collection of a wide variety of different cymbals collected over the years. Some of the cymbals I own I have had for over 30 years, and can’t imagine life without them. I was very impressed just about anything Paiste cymbals manufactured for there “high end” line. I was especially impressed with the Paiste Signature series, and ended up buying quite a few cymbals all from that series. As much as I loved the sound of these cymbals, I realized once I surrounded myself with them all they all sounded “similar”. So I ended up taking a combination different Paiste series cymbals and mixing them with older Ziljian’s and combining them with the Paiste’ and ended up with a much more diverse sounding drum set. As far as cymbals choices are concerned, variety rules


No comments: